When we bought our very first RV, we had RV friends who lived the lifestyle for a few years. They all told us to plan on dropping at least $1000 on the RV accessories you’ll need for your RV.
I am the kind of person who likes to prove people wrong (yes, I have a strong personality). So, I set out to prove it would not cost much to actually get everything we needed to hit the road. I thrift shopped quite a bit and initially, we outfitted our RV for much less. However, over time we’ve found we’d added more accessories and gadgets that make RV Life easier. So, it’s not that you MUST have everything on this list, but we think you’ll find some helpful tools you might have not thought about.
We organize these by category for easy reading too! Here is the list of the top RV Accessories you might want to think about adding to your camping “must-have list”!
RV Accessories For Outside
Outdoor rugs are nice for keeping dirt OUTSIDE and not in your RV or camper. It’s also nice to be able to step outside barefoot to grab something from an outside storage compartment quickly when you need it. If you have a longer length RV (ours is 40 feet) you might want to make sure the rug you get is long enough (or get two of them to cover the length you need.)
- REVERSIBLE MATS: With timeless design, this plastic patio rug is elegant as it is functional, use on your patio with outdoor furniture and accessories to show off your personal style.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: This outdoor rug for the beach, camper, or front porch is derived from 100% virgin polypropylene, along with edging that is heat treated to avoid fraying, soft and durable, low-maintenance. The Breathable material will not hurt grass or scratch your deck.
- EASY CLEANING & PORTABLE: For a quick clean simply sweep away dirt with water and airing it dry. Reversible outdoor rugs can be folded into compact size for easy storage, it comes with a carrying bag for added convenience. Suitable for an afternoon outing or an RV road trip.
Water Pressure Regulator
There are two versions of water pressure regulators – adjustable and non-adjustable. The main reason you want one on hand is to keep the water pressure from becoming too high (the end result having blown-out water lines inside the RV). So a basic non-adjustable one will do the trick, HOWEVER, in our experience, these also seem to restrict the water pressure (showering in your RV is not fun when this happens). Water pressure in an RV is already a challenge, you do not need anything else that causes a lack of water pressure. We use this adjustable water pressure regulator that allows us to have better water pressure while protecting our RV.
- FUNCTION: Prevent water pipes from being damaged due to high pressure, suitable for camper, trailer, RV plumbing systems.
- SAFETY: Class C46500 lead-free brass treated by hot casting process technology. Each regulator is tested to contain less than 0.13% lead, well under the NSF lead-free requirements of 0.25%, giving you a safe and healthy life.
- COMPATIBLE: Designed with 3/4" garden hose thread. It is compatible with all American water sources, easy to use. RVGUARD regulator inlet screen helps to filter out impurities in water.
Waste Tank (Black Tank) Treatment
The smell can be an issue in RV holding tanks. The black tank can be especially problematic if the proper care and treatments are not used. For example, did you know using bleach to clean your RV toilet can make black tank smells WORSE? Bleach kills ALL bacteria. And in a black tank, you WANT the right (healthy) kind of bacteria to break down waste. We use the tank treatment AND toilet cleaners from Unique Camping + Marine. We have a 15% discount on all their products on our partner’s page as well.
Gray Tank Treatment/Cleaner
The gray tank holds wastewater from the sinks and shower (and washer/dryer if you have one). While this water isn’t quite as “gross” at the bank tank liquids, smells from things like food grime washed off dishes, etc can still be an issue. Using a good gray water tank treatment from time to time not only helps with smells but also with keeping the tank clean.
- DIGESTS SOLID WASTE INSIDE TANKS. Liquifies sewage, all brands of toilet paper and residual sludge from years of build-up in black, gray and galley tanks for easier, more thorough pump outs.
- ELIMINATES FOUL TANK ODORS at their source without masking with overpowering fragrances. Powerful bio-enzymatic cleaners work to eradicate odors.
- HELPS PREVENT SENSOR MALFUNCTION. Dissolves paper and solid waste before it can cling to tank sensors and level gauges, preventing misreads.
Sewer Hose Ladder – A great RV Accessory to have!
You’ve probably heard the saying about 💩 flowing downhill. Well, the same is true with your RV black tank when connected to full hookups. Some campgrounds require the sewer hose to NOT be on the ground. Plus it’s just a good idea to make sure you have the proper angle to drainage from the waste tanks.
- The ultimate protection and support for your sewer hose: The 20 feet Sidewinder RV Sewer Hose Support by Camco lifts and cradles your sewer hose while in connection from your RV to the dump station. It keeps your sewer hose off the ground and prevents potential damage or punctures to your RV or camper sewer hose by safely nesting it in heavy duty plastic
- Hassle free preparation and setup: Conveniently ready to use straight of the box with no assembly required. Comes complete with winding sidewinder RV sewer hose support, and orange custom fit storage handle that clasps on to your compressed Sidewinder for simple toting and handling
- Lightweight yet durable and sturdy frame: This all plastic design, creates a lightweight and weatherproof product made to last long. It is constructed with a rust and corrosion resistant plastic material that is durable enough to carry your hose over the roughest terrains
Extra Sewer Hose
I cannot tell you how many times we’ve pulled into a campsite to realize the sewer hookup is far away from where the RV needs to be parked. It’s super frustrating to realize after you are mostly set up that the sewer hose won’t reach! We carry an extra 10-foot hose for those times when the hookup is a far stretch from where the RV is parked in the campsite.
- RV Sewer Hose Extension: Helps extend the reach of your RV sewer hose
- Durable Construction: The 10-foot hose is made of super heavy-duty 18 mil HTS vinyl
- Includes: Pre-attached REVO swivel fittings on each end and (2) hose storage caps
Dog Bone Adapters
These are electrical adapters that allow you to use different size hookups. For example, if you have a 50 amp connection and have a campsite that only offers 30 amp service, you need an adapter to be able to still plug into the different style outlet. The same goes for if you are “moochdocking” and need to plug your RV into standard household power. There are several different sizes and styles depending on what your needs are. We carry a dog bone for 30 amp and household service.
- This product adds a great value
- Product is highly durable and very easy to use
- This product is manufactured in China
Just like there are dozens of reasons to need an extension cord in a sticks and bricks environment, there is a myriad of uses for one when it comes to RVing. We typically use an extension cord when parked at a friend or relative’s house for the night to be able to plug into household power. You also never know when you might want to plug in a fan outside, need a battery charger for a vehicle, and more.
- ALL PURPOSE EXTENSION CORD for Indoor and Outdoor use; Great for landscaping, gardening, and powering appliances
- HIGHLY VISIBLE yellow jacket provides extra safety and will not mark floors or walls
- WATER RESISTANT: Flexible vinyl jacket provides protection of the cord against moisture, abrasion, and sunlight
Drinking Water Hose
To connect to city water at the campground or to fill water at a water station, you will need a hose. You will want a DEDICATED hose for drinking water only, so having a SEPARATE hose for water is important. We like the Zero-G brand since it collapses down.
- Color: Black
- Material: Aluminum
- Diameter: 5/8 in.
2nd Hose For Rinsing Outside
Since you’ll want a separate hose for drinking water and most of the time if you are at a campground with full hookups, you will leave your water connected. A second hose to rinse off the feet, the dogs, the surfboards, etc. is nice to have.
- Questions, Text 563563 to chat directly with a Aqua Joe expert
- SAFE: BPA-free, Lead-free and Phthalate-free
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Up to 50% lighter than conventional hoses
Hose Splitter A little Known RV Accessory
Using two hoses means you will need two water spigots but you will only have one. You will need a hose splitter to have two water sources.
- Universal: This 3/4" hose splitter fits for all standard faucet and garden hose.
- Material: Made of premium brass, very solid and durable for long use.
- 2 way Y hose splitter with 3 connectors and 2 valve.
Some RV’s will come with a sewer hose – most won’t. We really like the Rhino sewer hose kit as it is versatile and holds up well – even if one of the kids happens to step on it! Yes, we know this from experience.
- Set Includes: RV sewer hose kit comes with 4-in-1 dump station fittings with a transparent elbow, a storage cap for each end, and two 10-foot sections with pre-attached Rhino swivel bayonet and lug fittings
- Efficient Design: RV sewer hose extension features TPE technology that protects against pinholes and offers superior abrasion resistance and crush protection
- Compatible With: The 4-in-1 adapter is compatible with a 3-inch slip or 3, 3-1/2, and 4-inch NPT threaded sewer connections
If you find a perfectly level campsite, you’ve found a unicorn! Most sites are not level and some are extremely not level. Having some leveling blocks helps when your RV leveling system is maxed out and your rig still isn’t leveled out.
- Larger 10.5 x 10.5 inches design withstands more weight and creates more surface area for leveling
- 10 inter locking blocks stack to the desired height for customizable leveling
- Carrying handle easily twists to secure blocks together for storage
Wheel Chocks (For Pull Behind RV’s)
We’ve seen more than once when someone does NOT use wheel chocks and their camper moves forward into their truck – or worse, drops down on the hitch. Wheel chocks are a must and an important safety item.
- Provides added stabilization and prevents tire shifts by applying opposing force to tandem tire applications
- As opposed to other chocks, the X-Chock works with the tires’ natural movement instead of against them
- Fits even the tightest of applications retracting down to 1 3/8” and extends to 10”
Softstart RV – Money Saving RV Accessory
Softstart is a LIFESAVER for RVing in warm weather climates. What Softstart RV does, is enable you to run two a/c’s on only 30 amps (or even running 1 a/c on a standard household power)! To learn more about HOW softstart works you can check out this video. We also have a great deal on Softstart RV on our partner’s page (our discount is CHEAPER than you will find them on Amazon)!
Wheresafe GPS tracker
Having a GPS tracker on your RV is a good idea for several reasons. One reason being it’s a great way to “check-in” with friends and family while out on the road. With the WhereSafe tracker, you can give access to your Wheresafe account to a trusted family member who can see in real-time where your RV is located.
This is a great way to stay safe on the road because your trusted family member can check to make sure you’ve arrived at your travel destination. Another reason is for an anti-theft device. You can create a “geo-fence” with Wheresafe to be able to get an alert if your RV moves outside that area.
It’s a great idea for people who need to put their RV into storage when not in use. If your RV is moved you can notify the authorities and let them know it has the tracker. They will be able to see in REAL time where your RV is located. This is key to recovering your RV if it should be stolen.
Portable Waste Tank
We’ve stayed at many campgrounds where there are partial hookups. The most common utility missing at partial hook-up campgrounds is the sewer. Also, when boondocking or “moochdocking” there is no access to any utilities. Our gray tank will fill up fast when we are camping – our black tank usually lasts our family of 4 about 5 days.
Most campgrounds with partial hookups have a dump station on site. However, when you are set up in your campsite, with your slides out, the last thing you will want to do is pull in the slides, bring in the jacks, unhook, etc to drive over to the dump station.
This is where a portable waste tank comes in handy. You can empty your waste tank into the portable tank, then haul it to the dump station. No moving the RV is required! Most portable waste tanks fit nicely on the back of the RV ladder.
- Ready-to-use kit includes everything needed to transport waste from your RV or trailer to a dump station when you’re parked too far away for an RV sewer hose kit includes accessories to clean, maintain and store the tote tank when not in use
- Large, heavy-duty, no-flat wheels with bearings make transporting the tow tank smooth and effortless. Removable steel tow adapter allows you to easily roll the tote tank as you would with a suitcase or luggage. You can also transport it by towing it slowly behind a golf cart or truck
- Gate valves make emptying the tote tank easier, and the smooth interior is easy to clean via the integrated tank rinse
Solar Powered Motion Lights
Having something to illuminate the way when you need to pull something out of a storage compartment after dark is a must! Having motion lights is also a good idea for security purposes. These solar-powered lights are an easy add-on to the outside of most any RV.
- 🌟💝🌟【Wider Lighting Angle & Larger Range】Equipped with 28 powerful LEDs and 120° wide lighting angle can produce 400 lumens provide excellent brightness and larger illumination coverage to light up a yard of 20㎡.
- 🌟💝🌟【Responsive Motion Sensor】The solar motion lights will be activated once it detects any motion, and will automatically turn off after lighting on around 30 seconds. NO DIM MODE. Only Two Modes: ON/OFF.
- 🌟💝🌟【Easy to Install】This solar powered lights require ZERO maintenance and easy to install as they do not require wiring cables.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
We cannot stress how much of a “must-have” this is! We’ve seen it literally save people’s lives! While most newer vehicles come equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system, most RV’s do not. Knowing if you have a tire that is getting low, getting too hot, or too high of tire pressure can prevent a blowout.
For several years we used the TST tire pressure monitoring system. It worked fine and no major complaints. We recently were introduced to the TireMinder system and installed this system instead. We’ve decided we like it much better than the TST for several reasons. The main reasons are it’s SUPER EASY to program the sensors, all tire status shows on 1 screen AND they have a lifetime battery replacement program.
We also noticed if it does alarm, it doesn’t keep alarming after the initial alarm, requiring user intervention while driving. This is nice because if you have an alarm for a low tire pressure due to cold ambient temps, you might not want to worry about adding air over 1 or 2 PSI of pressure. To have the unit keep alarming after the initial warning sound means you have to take a hand off the steering wheel to silence the unit.
With the TireMinder units, after that initial alarm is sounded, the unit goes silent. It’s a great notification to look over at the monitor to see what is going on without having to take your hands off the steering wheel. We’ve been able to secure a discount for our readers – so be sure to use the code “Glamper20” at check out to save 20% off a TireMinder system!
I love the warmth and coziness of a campfire but I don’t like smelling like the campfire. Nor do I like the clean-up after having a campfire. And because of this, we did not do campfires or fire pit nights often.
That was until we discovered Solo Stove. The Solo Stove is as close as you will ever get to a “smokeless” fire. Strategically placed holes in the double-wall structure of the fire pit draw in air from the bottom and feed the heated oxygen to the top, resulting in a spectacular secondary burn. The best part? Nearly no smoke and minimal ash left to clean! And better yet, it’s portable! They even come with a “carry case” making it super easy to throw in the storage compartment of the RV.
We can now all enjoy s’mores again without the messy clean-up (more on that later in this post so keep reading)!
When we first started RVing, we got a little Coleman portable grill. After setting it up and taking it down several times, it just did not hold up. Plus, if we wanted to grill vegetables, we had to carry a grill basket as veggies will fall through the grates on a “traditional” grill. The Blackstone griddle was the perfect solution to a grill/griddle all in one. Cooking on this griddle will allow for perfect steaks, bacon, eggs, you name it. Shrimp and Veggies have been one of our favorite quick, easy-to-make meals!
You never know when you will find that amazing campsite with two trees close enough to set up a hammock! Our kids LOVE to swing at the playground, so most of the time when we set up our hammocks, the kids are using them as swings. It’s amazing how many times the kids will spend HOURS on the hammocks swinging and playing. It’s like being able to set up a mini playground in the middle of the forest. There are dozens of hammocks on Amazon, but the ones we like are the Bear Butt brand.
- EASY TO SET UP AND TAKE DOWN - Setting up this big 10 ft long 6 ft wide camping hammock can be done in a matter of minutes, Taking down our portable hammock is just as simple. Add To Cart Now.
- VERY COMFORTABLE AND DURABLE - Our 2 person hammock is very durable, sturdy and has the highest quality stitching for you to spread out and enjoy your surroundings which is important for any hiking gear when backpacking.
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT CAMPING GEAR - Weighing only 1.5lbs our folding packable double hammock packs up easy for storing and is small and light making it perfect to carry for any hiking trip.
Ladder Mounted Bike Rack
We sometimes bring just the kid’s bikes, other times we bring all 4 bikes. The ladder-mounted bike rack is our go-to rack since it can stay attached to the ladder at all times. The arms swing out of the way for climbing the ladder when the rack is not in use holding the bikes. Plus, it gets the bikes up and out of the way for travel. We will also lock the bikes up to the ladder with a simple lock as an added security measure.
Collapsible Trash Can
We have used a collapsible trash can off and on during our 4 years of RV Living. If you are the kind of person who likes to spend a lot of time outside, it’s nice to have an “extra” trash can for when you are outside the RV. And since RV storage space is at a premium when it comes to RV Living, any accessories that fold down when NOT in use is always a plus!
- Stands 2' tall, collapses down to 2 1/2" high
- Includes zippered storage bag
- A sturdy frame for 30 gallon bags
Awning Sunshade Extension
The sunshades that attach to an RV awning are a great add-on accessory. It’s helpful to keep the sun off the side of the RV, but also to have a more of a “private” area for your campsite. These shades can also help cut down on bugs and other unwanted creatures.
- UV BLOCK & OPEN VIEW - used as side RV awning, blocks about 86% of UV to protect our skin and eyes, but meanwhile offers a wide view.
- LOWER TEMPERATURE - provides you a roomy and cozy shade place. Enjoy your time comfortably even in crazy hot days.
- REDUCE WIND EFFICIENTLY - breaks especially the force of cross-wind. You get a cozier field when using with our front shade.
An RV surge protector is a must for protecting your RV’s electrical system. If there is a problem with the electrical pedestal at the campground and something is not wired correctly, you are at risk of damage to the entire RV electrical system. Any damage to the electrical system of course means costly repairs. This can all be prevented with a quality surge protector. You simply plug this into the electrical connection and then plug in your RV electrical cord to the surge protector. The surge protector we like (and use) is by progressive industries since it also shows if there is an issue with the indicator lights. It also comes with a metal loop so you can lock the surge protector up to the electrical pedestal. We have never worried about theft, however, it’s a great option to give you peace of mind at the campground.
- Surge Protection: 5-Mode / 1650J / 45,000A. Ratings: 50A / 120V/240V / 12,000W. Operating Temperatures: -40C to plus105C
- Open Ground, Open Neutral and Reverse Polarity Detection, Miswired Pedestal Indication, Surge Failure Indicator
- Designed for Outdoor Use, Weather Resistant, All Weather Shield Assembly, Thermally Protected
Brass Hose Elbow
When hooking up the water to your RV, the hose will naturally have a slight kink because of how the water hookup on RV is mounted. Using a brass elbow can help keep your fittings on your water hose and your RV from prematurely wearing out. We also use these water hose fitting quick connectors, which allow us to quickly connect & disconnect the hoses.
- Protect Your Water Hose: Eliminates stress and strain on your RV hoses
- Easy to Set Up: Thanks to an easy-grip connector, it's simple to protect your water hose with this 90-degree water hose elbow for RV; the brass elbow with swiveling easy grip connector fits 3/4" to 11.5 NH hose connections
- Durable Materials: Give your RV hose support with our solid brass elbow adapter
RV Slide Out Rubber Seal Conditioner and Protectant
RVs will quickly deteriorate without proper maintenance. Adding slide-out conditioner to the slide seals from time to time helps keep the seals in good condition and not getting brittle from the sun, causing them to crack (reducing the seal). While you are maintaining your slide seals, we also recommend you lubricate the slide-out as well to reduce premature wear on your slide. This also helps slide-outs to operate smoothly without sticking, protects against rust and corrosion as well as repels dirt and grime.
- [VERSATILITY]: Thetford's Premium RV Slide Out Rubber Seal Conditioner works in RVs, cars, boats, or even at home
- [FUNCTIONALITY]: Formulated to prevent fading, cracking and deterioration, Premium RV Slide Out Rubber Seal Conditioner improves slide out function and prolongs the life of the seals
- [UTILITY]: Premium RV Slide Out Rubber Seal Conditioner works on RV Slide Outs, window and door seals, and tires
Eternabond Tape – The MacGyver of RV Accessories
This stuff can help you out in a pinch! Most RV roofs are made from a rubber EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) material that can easily tear from low-hanging tree branches. Even a small hole in a roof can cause major water damage. Regularly inspecting the roof and repairing as needed can prevent larger problems in the future. While there are proper kits for repairing tears in a roof, eternabond tape is great when in a pinch and you do not have access to a proper repair. We’ve also seen RVers use this when having experienced major damage and needing to “patch” things together to prevent leaks. Some will also run this along the entire seam of the RV for added protection from leakage.
- 4" x 50' Foot Contin ROLL of authentic Eternabond repair tape.
- Bonds to surfaces and stops leaks.
- Use on: EPDM, TPO, most PVC, CSPE/Hypalon, CPE, SBS, APP modifieds, asphalt BURs, coal tar BURs, all metal roofs, tiles, shingle, aluminum, galvanized steel, gypsum board, wood, polyethylene, propylene, polystyrene, fiberglass, brick, concrete, masonry, OSB, etc. Seals roof tears, seams, flashings, copings, skylights, gutters, and much more.
Remember how earlier I talked about the ladder bike rack? We usually put two bikes on the ladder, then if we bring all the bikes we will add two more bikes on a hitch mount bike rack. This works great as it gives us the option to have a place to also store the bikes when not in use. The bikes usually can stay on the rack without issue. The type of rack we use where the wheels sit into the bottom of the rack makes it easy to get them on and off.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & USE: Only takes a few minutes to assemble and the upright ratchet arms easily adjusts to different bike frame sizes, will accommodate bike frames up to 59 cm (23.2")
- KEEPS YOUR BIKE STABLE: Sturdy design includes a built in anti-wobble hitch device to keep bikes in place
- SAVES YOU STORAGE SPACE: Rack folds easily in to compact mode so that you can conveniently store when done using it
Map of the USA
This RV states map is one of our most asked-about RV accessories. It’s so fun to fill in each new state as we visit. The kids also are learning geography along the way and they enjoy adding stickers onto the map as we visit each state.
Any type of gazebo tent is nice to have when you are set up at a campsite for a while. You can use it as a “garage” to put bikes and scooters in or for a bug-free outdoor space (super helpful in areas where there are a lot of flies or mosquitos). We’ve also seen many families that use these screen rooms as a play area for the kids as well.
- ESCAPE MODEL SPECS: Lightweight, portable canopy designed to provide shelter against the elements; Set-up inner dimensions measure 11.5 feet across and 7.5 feet at center height; Hub to hub measures 140 inches wide and 140 inches long; Accommodates up to 8 people or can fit over a standard size picnic table
- KEEP WATER & BUGS OUT: Taped roof panel resists water to keep you dry inside; A high-quality mesh screen and extra-wide skirt help keep bugs, flies, mosquitos, and other insects out
- EASY SET UP & TAKE DOWN: Canopy shelter requires zero assembly, is ready to use right out of the box, and takes only 45 seconds to set up; Built-in corner grommets for staking down from the inside corners for added strength; Hub pull straps for easy setup and I-bolts to secure external tie down straps
Telescopic Extension Ladder
Having a ladder while you’re out on the road is a must. From needing to fix roof trim to accessing windows, etc. you’d be surprised how many times you’ll need a ladder. Most ladders are bulky and take up a lot of space, however, this folding telescoping ladder is perfect since it folds up nicely and is compact to put in the storage compartment of an RV.
- ◆ Premium Materials : Yvan‘s telescoping Extension Ladder is crafted from premium aluminum alloy.The surface of aluminium is oxidized, which can prolong the life of folding ladder.And its plastic parts is reinforced with nylon fibre to improves load capacity, stability, aging resistance and extends service life.Our telescopic ladders have a maximum load of 250lb.
- ◆ One Button Retraction : While guaranteeing the quality, our telescoping aluminum ladder also has One-button retraction function.Simply press the thumb buttons, this ladder will descending smoothly from its unfolded condition to compact size,So convenient.
- ◆ Intelligent Locking Mechanism : We have upgraded the internal structure of the collapsible ladders,our sliding ladder has intelligent locking mechanism in each rung(The red button under the rung,you can also adjust the height of the ladder as you like ),each step falls slowly and smoothly when retracting,the problem of pinching hand is completely solved.
We keep a box of disposable rubber gloves around as they come in more often than you would think. From every day cleaning to dumping the black (sewage) tank, you will just feel better using a pair of disposable gloves. Plus, being a mom, there is always the occasional “kid incident” where they can come in handy. Disposable gloves are a must for both RV Living and family life.
- All of our products will have an updated look in coming months. You may continue to see previous packaging, or a mix of new and old, as we sell through our inventory. Rest assured that they both contain the same high-quality gloves. GLOVEWORKS Industrial Black Nitrile Gloves are constructed from medium-weight 5-mil nitrile. They measure 9.5 inches from fingertip to cuff.
- Nitrile industrial gloves are textured for enhanced grip. They offer excellent comfort and tactile sensitivity as well as strong barrier protection.
- These industrial gloves look professional while concealing dirt and grime. They are a great fit for automotive, household work, food service, and cleaning.
Small Cordless Drill
There are dozens of times when in the course of RV Life you will need to unscrew or tighten something, make repairs, etc. Having a smaller cordless drill makes these types of tasks much easier.
- DCD771 in cordless drill combo kit features 2 speed transmission (0-450 / 0-1500 RPM)
- DCD771 high performance motor of cordless tools combo kit delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power ability completing a wide range of applications
- DCD771 compact, lightweight design of the drill/ impact driver combo kit fits into tight areas
Basic RV Tool Set
RVs will break, it’s not a matter of IF, but WHEN. Every time you have a travel day, your RV experiences a series of earthquakes. Things shake, become dislodged, connections get loose and the list goes on. Having a basic toolset you can keep in your RV is very helpful. Remembering to take things back and forth between a sticks/bricks house and your RV (if you’re not full-time) can result in something being forgotten. To resolve this issue, we keep a separate small toolset in the RV and they are the “RV Tools.” We try to keep duplicates of as many things as possible. Here are some ideas of things on our Amazon shop you can keep duplicates of. If you’re downsizing and going full time, chances are you don’t need all the tools you did at home (plus they get heavy the more you bring). You can downsize to a smaller set for RV Living.
- Slip joint, groove joint, and long nose pliers come with the socket tool kit for increased access in various situations.
- Fiberglass hammer for increased comfort and decreased fatigue.
- Bi-material screwdriver for increased comfort and decreased fatigue.
RV Accessories For Inside
Having bins that are flexible (soft-sided) for storage inside the RV are helpful to keep things in place but also to maximize all the storage options with no wasted space. Since contents will shift on travel days, keeping items in bins helps to prevent things from getting broken or misplaced. And more importantly, it helps keep you safe when opening those cupboard doors after a travel day! I’ve purchased rope bins at Target, Lowes, Home Goods, etc.
- White Woven Baskets: These small white cotton rope baskets come in three sizes, a stylish and functional storage solution for bedrooms, laundry rooms, bathrooms, entryways, and nursery
- Decorative, Practical Storage: Each small coiled rope basket make home organization easy; declutter remote controls, keys, accessories, snacks, and small toys
- Kid-Friendly: Use the small white baskets for organizing kids' bedrooms, playrooms, daycares, preschools, kindergarten classrooms, and Montessori schools; excellent sorting bins for counting games
When we first started living the RV life, we used the same terry cloth towels used in our sticks/bricks house. However, we learned quickly that finding a place to hang them to dry completely was difficult at best. You can’t really hang them on a hook to dry unless you have at least 3 days to wait. So you have to find an actual towel bar to hang them up. Well, there just isn’t a ton of space in an RV bathroom for towels hanging flat on a towel bar. We switched over to a microfiber travel towel and we can hang them all to dry on hooks to dry super fast! We like and use the ones from Venture4th. You can save 25% by using the code: 25OFF259 at checkout on Amazon.
Mobile Internet Hotspot
Internet on the road is a must, especially if you are not retired. Campground WIFI is very unreliable and you hardly ever rely on good connectivity or speeds from a campground connection. Having your own internet while you travel is pretty much the standard for RVers and digital nomads alike. We actually have three different hot spots. One through T-mobile (Travel Data), one through AT&T, and one through Verizon. We chose to do this since we need to have reliable internet wherever we go. We’ve found if there is not a good Verizon signal, we usually will have a signal through either T-Mobile or AT&T.
- Share WiFi internet access with up to 20 devices
- Unlocked to accept all SIM cards (excluding Sprint legacy network); works best on AT&T and T-Mobile. Please check with preferred carrier on data plan details and limitations
- Requires Nano SIM card from carrier and activation of compatible BYOD (Bring Your own Device) data plan that meets your data needs
2 Way Radios
When we get to a campsite, one of us is a “spotter” (typically Charity) while the other one is parking the RV on the site (Ben). We use our cell phones to communicate with each other when there is service, BUT there is the occasional time that we are in an area with NO cell service, where radios come in very handy. We’ve also had times where one of us was driving the Jeep and the other one was driving the RV and having 2-way radios (walkie-talkies) make communication possible in these situations.
- LICENSE FREE DUAL POWER OPTIONS 2-WAY RADIOS - These walkie-talkies feature 36 FRS (Family Radio Service) channels, along with channel scan to check for activity. The bold yellow faceplate provides high visibility. Dual Power Options uses rechargeable battery pack (included) or 3 “AAA” batteries (not included)
- UP TO 30-MILE RANGE - Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction
- 121 CTCSS PRIVACY CODES - The Continuous Tone-Coded Squelch System gives you up to 2,662 channel options to help block other conversations. Use silent operation to turn off all tones
“This stock mattress that came with our RV is the most comfortable thing I’ve ever slept on”, said no one ever! For whatever reason, RV Mattresses from the factory are just not comfortable. There are dozens of options for replacements out there, but we’ve found a 12-inch memory foam mattress from Amazon was a great comfortable, AND budget-friendly option. Most people upgrade their RV mattress right out of the gate and this one is the one we went with when we upgraded.
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION - Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing ActivCharcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
Oxygenics Shower Head
Water pressure in an RV isn’t always the best. And because you actually have to regulate the water pressure to make sure it’s not too far about 65-70 PSI anyways, water pressure can be an issue when showering. The Oxygenics showerheads actually help to increase shower pressure. It’s an easy swap out of the old showerhead to the new one too.
- 5 Spray Settings Are Powered By Cutting-Edge Technology To Increase Pressure
- Rubber Finger Grips Prevents Any Slippage Or Dropping
- Flow Control Lever Quickly Adjusts Shower Pressure For A More Versatile Experience
I use my instant pot for most of our meals in the RV. Tacos? Just use the sauté button, brown your meat and add seasoning. Rice? Use the rice button. Hard-boiled eggs are super easy, and many more options too. I got the smaller version to keep in the RV since I’m not cooking for an army even if we do have another family over for dinner.
- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan and food warmer.
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 13 customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more.
- COOK FAST OR SLOW: Pressure cook delicious one-pot meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods or slow cook your favorite traditional recipes – just like grandma used to make.
Anything that collapses down is your friend when it comes to RV Living! Since storage and weight is a precious commodity, having something that folds down is best.
- 【VALUE SET】 - Set of 4 assorted Elegant, Fashionable ,Stackable, Reusable,Folding and Collapsible silicone containers - Includes one of each size for the best value: Small (350 ml), Medium (500 ml), Large (800 ml), and Extra Large (1200ml).
- 【MICROWAVE, FRIDGE, FREEZER & DISHWASHER SAFE】Keeps in temperatures ranging from -40° C to 200° C, no need to swap containers. Leftovers? Just collapse it down with the leftover food inside and back into the fridge for next time. No wasted space, no extra containers and no extra washing up; leaving you more time to do the things you like with the people you love.
- 【SAFE, STRONG, DURABLE & LONG LASTING 】Amazing storage containers are made of high-grade Silicone,Vacuum seal,BPA-free,latex-free,non-toxic,Tasteless,Odorless,100% eco friendly silicone,Better health than general plastic material cracking or degrading and is stain and odour resistant. Saving you money and helping the environment.From storing dried foods to wet foods, leftovers to meal prep, and indoor to outdoor, this versatile set is the perfect solution for different food storage
This was one of the BEST upgrades we’ve ever made to our RV! You can see more in our blog post and video about this mod, but needless to say, we love using this for a cooktop vs. the traditional propane stove-type cooktop that most RV’s come with. Our favorite part of this upgrade is an induction cooktop that doesn’t put out heat. Rather it uses magnetic technology to create heat in the pan for cooking.
I am a minimalist at heart. This is why I have 1 sauté type pan and 1 pot. I do not need more than this since I also use an instant pot for cooking. Because we need induction-compatible cookware, I wanted to invest in something high quality but did not want to drop a fortune on a whole new set of cookware. This is why I recommend the stainless steel cookware from Cookware360. They are made in the USA, are durable, induction compatible and if you get JUST what you really need for RV living (one pot, one pan) it doesn’t break the bank. We also have a discount code for Cookware 360 – using the code GLAMPER20 at checkout will save you 20%.
Using an RV-specific GPS does not ensure you will never accidentally find yourself on an “RV unfriendly” road, but it can definitely help you avoid things like low bridges, narrow streets, etc. We have the Garmin 770 that we purchased a few years back. There is a newer version of the Garmin RV Specific GPS which we listed below. We highly recommend using some sort of navigation for RVs specifically. You essentially program your RV’s weight and height to the GPS unit, which can help avoid getting into situations where an accident could occur due to tight spaces, low bridges etc.
- Large 8" RV navigator with high-resolution touch display and options for portrait and landscape mode
- Custom routing considers the size and weight of your RV then finds the best route (not available in all areas)
- Provides road warnings to keep you aware of steep grades, sharp curves, weight limits and more
Wire Racks/Wire Bins
These types of bins can be used in cabinets, storage spaces but ALSO mounted to the walls. They come in white and black so if using mounted to the wall, you can match almost any decor.
- MODERN FARMHOUSE INSPIRED STYLE:Beautifully complements rustic, farmhouse, vintage retro, and shabby chic home décor.Measures approximately 15.7"L x 9.5"W x 6.3"H.
- MULTI-PURPOSE STORAGE:Great for books, magazines, toys, blankets, linens, towels, bath/spa toiletries, laundry needs, craft supplies, accessories — Christmas/holiday gift basket, dry goods, snacks, soups, canned goods, seasoning/flavor packets, and many other kitchen pantry items.
- VERSTAILE FOR ANY ROOM:Suitable for kitchen cabinet, pantry, closet, bedroom, bathroom shelf baskets, living room, laundry area, linen closet, office, pantry, nursery, entryway foyer, college dorm décor and more.
Ikea is a great place to find all sorts of things for small living. I love using their bins vs. bins from places like the Dollar Tree because they are of higher quality. I use Ikea bins (Variera) in places like our fridge, in cabinets, in drawers, and more. Especially in the fridge, they help to keep things from sliding around on travel days. Items such as carbonated beverages will EXPLODE in your face if they move around too much. Trust me, I speak from experience here. Using bins in the fridge to keep things in place is the only way I put drinks in the fridge now.
- The box is easy to carry and take in and out of a drawer or shelf since it has two cut-out handles that make it comfortable to grip.
- For convenient storage of groceries, paper products and other items. The open box makes it easy for you to overview and access the contents.
- Easy to clean, with soft rounded corners.
Having a way to store things like towels, shoes, sheets, blankets, etc is helpful. Since our RV is a diesel pusher, we cannot install anything into the closet that cannot come out easily. This is because we need access to the engine area which is under the floorboard of the closet. So when putting things in the closet, we have to think about how easy it will come back out if need be. Using a hanging closet organizer is helpful since it can easily be taken off the clothes rack and pulled out if need be. It also does not weigh much. So when weight is a consideration, this is a great way to organize without building heavy shelves, etc.
- 3-shelf organizers work great in closet, shelves and wardrobe for storing children's clothes, tees, towels, accessories, scarves, diapers, baby wipes, etc.
- Each shelf of the hanging organizer with an undeformable and durable corrugated board, easily placed, removed, and clean.
- The design of each layer prevents items from slipping off accidentally, especially some small items of children.
Interior Rugs (Washable or Replaceable)
Area rugs just make an area feel more like home. Because we try to take off shoes when coming into our RV, it does help to keep dirt out. However, rugs will get dirty from time to time. I wanted rugs that I could either wash and clean or just replace if needed. This shag style rug on Amazon is my favorite because it can be washed in a large washer but also it’s fairly inexpensive, so I can replace it when it’s just not as clean or fluffy as it once was.
- Extra Soft Area Rug: The area rug is incredibly soft and features a top layer of fluffy material with sponge interlayer, which is softer and more luxurious underfoot; Its comfy fabric is very family-friendly and ideal for bedroom, living room
- Large Size and Modern Design: Our generously sized rug is 4 feet x 5.9 feet and provides excellent touch feeling; Each rug prints with a morocco pattern in modern design, to create a peaceful atmosphere for your master bedroom, home office, or dining room
- Thousands of Strong Dots: Our fluffy carpet is back with thousands of strong grip dots that help hold in place on wooden or other floor, and hold up even with kids and pets; This fluffy carpet is a great decor for the kids bedroom, nursery and dorm
Small Broom & Dustpan
I like to keep a small-ish handheld broom and dustpan near the front door to sweep out the RV, then brush off the steps. We sweep at least 1x a day, but also when getting ready to move the RV on travel days. Everything is swept out the front door, the front steps are swept as well as part of our “pack down” process.
- Whisk-broom brush shape makes it easy to sweep from above and reach in corners
- Soft, flexible lip covers the entire Dustpan width and conforms to surfaces for efficient cleaning
- Brush snaps into Dustpan for storage
Command hooks will be your best friend during RV Life! From hanging up lightweight items such as dishtowels to heavier items like backpacks, command hooks are a great option. You can find command hooks that will hold heavier items as well. I use a larger command hook to hang my backpack WITH my laptop IN it. These hooks also make great use of empty wall space. Anytime you can use wall space in the RV, it’s a plus!
- HOLDS UP TO 5 POUNDS: One package of the Command Large Metal Hooks includes two large metal wall hooks and four large adhesive strips; each adhesive wall hook can hold up to 5 pounds
- DAMAGE FREE HANGING: Wall hooks work without leaving holes, marks or sticky residue so you can move and rehang hats, calendars, keys, measuring spoons, cleaning tools, jewelry, and decor or even use as a coat hook to hang your favorite jackets and coats
- WORKS ON A VARIETY OF SMOOTH SURFACES: Adhesive wall hangers work on a variety of smooth surfaces, including painted walls, finished wood, painted concrete cinder blocks, laminate, glass, metal and tiles
This has REVOLUTIONIZED RV storage for me. I’ve been using Nano tape to hang things on the walls like small bamboo boxes and wooden boxes/trays. I found some super cute, lightweight wooden boxes at Hobby Lobby that I mounted on the wall with Nano tape. You can also use it to mount things like photos, wall mirrors, etc.
This might seem like a given, but if you are a coffee drinker you will want a way to make coffee while on the road! We’ve used all the things from french presses and Keurigs. But we keep coming back to the old-school coffee pot!
- Digital Controls with Rubberized Feel - Large, rubberized buttons give you full control of the coffeemaker, and the easy-read screen displays the clock, brew time, and programming options
- Sneak-a-Cup - This feature temporarily stops the flow of coffee so you can pour your first cup before brewing ends without making a mess
- 2-Hour Auto Shutoff - For added safety and peace of mind with every use. Volts : 120V/60Hz
Paper Plates (Compostable)
I prefer to use paper plates when boondocking or when we need to be hyper-aware of water use. However, I do not like the environmental impact disposable things have on our earth. So using compostable paper plates is a great alternative. You can throw them away and know they decompose quickly. Which means less of a negative impact on the environment.
- 9” paper plates: serve full meals in convenient style compostable food plates. Perfect to serve a main dish with sides. The biodegradable plates Makes a great choice for your daily meals or restaurants, food trucks, to-go orders, special events, and other types of food service environments.
- 100% sugarcane fiber: The nine-inch plate is made of 100% sugarcane fiber, a sustainable, renewable, and biodegradable material. A great alternative to traditional paper or plastic, The disposable plate offers the same sturdy function and easy cleanup, yet it’s completely tree- and plastic-free.
- 100% compostable: since it’s made from 100% sugarcane fiber, The plate can be commercially composted (no need to send it to a landfill). the plate offers a disposable design that will degrade quickly, which means convenient cleanup for you, your customers, and the planet. This product meets ASTM D6400 or D6868 and is intended to be composted in a municipal or commercial facility operated in accordance with best composting management practices.
Being able to dispose of cutlery or cups when camping is helpful IF AND WHEN you do not have access to full hookups. Meaning you have to be conservative with both water use but ALSO with wastewater use. I prefer the compostable versions which are readily available on both Amazon and available in most grocery and “big box” stores.
- 🍀 Premium Cutlery Set Combo - 180 Forks - 120 Spoons - 60 Knives with Convenient Tray
- 🍀 & Certified 100% Compostable - Made from Renewable and Sustainable Plant Resources
- 🍀 Wooden Color Flatware - Extra Long Utensils Packed in a Convenient Tray for Easy Storing, Displaying and Traveling
This is a material used as insulation. It’s a silver color bubble wrap material that helps to keep heat and cold out (depending on the season). We also use this material in our windows to block out light when needed at night (I prefer a very dark room at night). We have a very large piece that fits in our windshield if we are staying in an area where the sun shines in the windshield area causing a lot of heat.
- Inhibits or eliminates condensation
- Nontoxic/no carcinogenic
- Does not require Protective clothing, goggles, or respirator
Small Fans (White Noise & Other Uses)
I need white noise to sleep better at night. If we are staying overnight in a parking lot, there is sometimes extra noise that can make it hard to sleep (RV generators, vehicle traffic, etc). Using a fan for “white noise” is helpful for sleeping in these situations. Having a small fan is also great if you just need to cool off a little, dry carpet that something spilled on, etc. Overall, it’s just a great little accessory to have in the RV.
- VORTEX ACTION — Utilizes Vornado's signature Vortex air circulation to more effectively move all the air around you.
- SIMPLE CONTROLS — The 2-speed manual control is easy to use and allows you to dial in your comfort.
- MULTI-DIRECTIONAL AIRFLOW — Equipped with an adjustable tilt head and manual swivel base that allow you to direct the air where you need it.
Ikea Rail With Bins
The Sunnersta lineup of hanging baskets and buckets from Ikea is great for smaller spaces like bathrooms. We use this system in our bathroom for items such as toothbrushes and toothpaste. Not only does it get these items up off the counter BUT it helps with travel days. It’s already up and out of the way off the counter, so there is less to have to pack up on travels days this way. This system can be used in a variety of places in an RV for storage and organizing.
RV Toilet Paper
I know this seems like a no-brainer BUT you’d be surprised by how many RV’ers make the mistake of using toilet paper that is not a rapid dissolving type of toilet paper. This can cause clogs in the back tank. The last thing you want is a clog of poo! Any time anything goes wrong with the black tank, it’s not a good day. Every bit of prevention is worth it when it comes to keeping the back tank working properly. If you want to know if the TP you’re using is a rapid dissolve, tear off a sheet of TP and put it in a glass jar with a lid. Fill with water and shake it up. If it starts to break apart and dissolve, you’re good to go. If not, find a different TP to use in your RV.
- DISSOLVES QUICKLY & WON'T CLOG: Our septic safe toilet paper dissolves faster and better than standard tissue paper. Designed to quickly break down so its safe for use in a porta potty, bath, marine holding tank or portable waste tank for camper.
- BOAT, RV SUPPLIES & CAMP SEWER TANK SAFE: Take on your next travel, camping, hiking or fishing trip. Tissue toilet paper is safe for septic systems, portable toilet for camping , marine toilet paper for boats , camper toilet paper and backpacking.
- SOFT YET STRONG 2 PLY: Our premium biodegradable quick dissolve boat and rv toilet paper 2 ply 500 sheet single 1 rolls get the job done and are ultra-soft while still being strong. Lightly textured for optimal clean and are dye and fragrance free.
Velcro Strips (Adhesive)
We used velcro strips to mount our TV. Seriously! These little strips are so handy for a variety of reasons but especially in areas where you might want to be able to remove something but hang it back up so you don’t lose it (like the TV remote)!
- DESIGNED FOR TOUGH APPLICATIONS: Super strong, superior holding power allow these adhesives to securely fasten to smooth surfaces including plastic, glass, metal, and painted wallboard
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED: No hammer, drilling, nails, or epoxy necessary, hook and loop strips industrial strength fasteners feature an easy peel and stick application, it’s the simple solution to organize on many surfaces without putting holes in the wall
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE ADHESIVE FASTENERS: These industrial strength hook and loop fasteners provide strong holding power designed for heavy-duty applications; safely holds up to 10 pounds
Lithium Portable Power Station
We have two battery packs for backup power. One from Bluetti and one from Togo Power. We really like our battery pack from Togo power (check out the discount on the partner’s page). We cannot tell you how many times we’ve needed a portable source of power for laptops while out and about in our tow vehicle. And rather than suck down the battery of our Jeep trying to keep a laptop charged while working remotely, using one of the portable power stations keep us powered when not hooked up to a power source.
Solar Panel (to charge battery pack).
Speaking of a portable power station, no off-grid power source would be complete without an “off-grid” way to keep it charged up. We have a solar panel with our ToGo station to keep it charged up – with no need for an electrical outlet.
- 🌞𝙈𝘼𝘿𝙀 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙎𝙊𝙇𝘼𝙍 𝙂𝙀𝙉𝙀𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙎: With included connectors of various sizes, TogoPower 100w folding solar panels are compatible with most solar generators on the market. 8mm DC Adapter for 𝙅𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙀𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙧/𝘼𝙣𝙠𝙚𝙧/𝙂𝙤𝙖𝙡 𝙕𝙚𝙧𝙤, 5.5*2.1mm for 𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙛𝙞𝙨𝙝/𝙍𝙊𝘾𝙆𝙋𝘼𝙇𝙎 250/300/500w.
- 🌞𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝙀𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙮: This unit has an efficiency rate of 𝟮𝟰%, which is 4% more than the market average. TogoPower 100W Solar Panel is equipped with 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝-𝙚𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙘𝙧𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙤𝙣 𝙘𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 and a EFEF durable solar panel. Ideally suited for outdoor life, camping, travel, picnic, home emergency and off grid living power outage supplies.
- 🌞𝙎𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙏 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙂𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙏𝙀𝘾𝙃𝙉𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙔: The build-in smart IC chip intelligently identifies your device, and maximizes its charging speed while protects your devices from over charging and overloading. Equipped with 18W USB QC 3.0 output, provides 4 times faster charging speed for your smartphones, tablets, DV, etc.
This is a fan installed on the outside of the fridge. The reason you WANT a fan here is to help keep the hot air moving away from the back of the fridge and up the vent on the roof. This helps the fridge stay cooler and operate at peak efficiency. This is super important when camping in hot climates or during the summer months when it’s warmer outside. We also set up a fridge fan to blow into the cooling fins to reduce icing up and increase efficiency so your food stays super cold! Quick tip – you will also want to ensure your RV is completely level. If it’s not, the chemical coolant in the fridge cannot travel through the coils, not allowing it to do its job.
- DESIGN FOR VENT & GRILLE MOUNTING VENTILATION- Great for refrigerator vent & grille ventilation in your motorhome, camper van, camper truck, caravan or any cabinets.
- FLEXIBLE AND SMART SPEED CONTROL MODE- Auto Temperature Control/ 6-levels manual controller to adjust for particular needs
- ALL WEATHER ACCEPTABLE- IP 55 Waterproof &dustproof fan, perfect for outdoor use
Micro Air RV Thermostat
This little gem is super easy to install – it’s literally plug & play. It replaces the existing thermostat in most applications. The cool thing about this thermostat (no pun intended) is that you can control it with your smartphone via WIFI or Bluetooth. If you’ve gone for the day and want to cool down your rig before you get back, you can bump up the A/C’s before you get back. Or maybe you have a furry friend and you want to be able to keep them comfortable while you’re away. There are several settings to be able to choose from, a large display, and no monthly service fees.
- 🌡️ NOT SURE WHICH MODEL TO CHOOSE (There are 12 different models)? Let us guide you to the correct model on the Hutch Mountain site.
- 🌡️ REPLACES ALL DIGITAL RV THERMOSTATS including Dometic & Coleman RV Air Conditioner and Heating Thermostats
- 🌡️ FREE SMARTPHONE APPLICATION for remote access. Free feature updates through WiFi so you are always up-to-date.
Govee Temperature Sensor & Hydrometer
We love this gadget because of its many uses for it. Knowing the temperature and the humidity level in your RV is good information to have. Especially if you are NOT in your RV at the time. But another use we love for the Govee is being able to monitor temp inside the fridge WITHOUT having to open the fridge door. If you are having a cooling issue with your fridge, the last thing you want to do is open the door and let all the cool air out.
But if you have a thermometer in the fridge, you have to open the door to see it. The Govee uses Bluetooth (there is also a wifi version) so you can check the temperature THROUGH things like doors, walls, etc. We also like knowing how hot it is in our overhead cabinets, closets, and more. It’s a perfect little gadget with so many uses for RV Life.
- Smart WiFi Control: Easily monitor temp and humidity data in real time from anywhere. With stable WiFi and Bluetooth connection via the Govee Home app, you'll have more opportunities to react to changes in your air quality (not support 5G WiFi).
- Fast & Accurate: Equipped with a Swiss made sensor, this WiFi thermometer provides precise readings. Temperature is accurate to ±0.54℉/±0.3℃, and humidity is ±3%RH. By refreshing every 2s, you'll stay regularly updated. Now supports widget function.
- Alert Function: Set preset temp and humidity ranges, and receive an app alert immediately whenever levels fall out of that range, which helps you react faster to sudden changes in your basement, greenhouse, etc. Only supports Bluetooth settings.
Keypad Door Lock
Have you ever been locked out of your RV? Yeah, we’ve been there and done that. And let me tell you from first-hand experience it’s not fun. Locksmiths on an emergency basis are not cheap….but I digress. Having a keypad door lock can not only help avoid this situation but also make your entry door more secure since many RV’s have the SAME lock system (with the SAME key)!
- ✔️ WILL IT FIT MY APPLICATION? Our ALL METAL V3.0 RV Door Lock fits RVs and trailers with an opening of 3.75" tall x 2.75" wide x 1.5" thick. UNLIKE ANY OTHER RV LOCK IN THE MARKET. CHECK DIMENSIONS and latch style with your trailer or RV before purchasing! NOW 100% METAL & FULLY SEALED ELECTRICALS. UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE IN THE MARKET!
- ✔️ WHILE OTHER RV KEYLESS DOOR LOCKS ARE flimsy and made of plastic, our NEW ALL-METAL V3.0 RV lock is NOW LIGHTER & STRONGER than before! The new WATERPROOFING TECHNOLOGY allows our locks to handle extreme rain & humidity. The back-lit keypad allows easy entry at night or in the dark. Allow us to secure your valuables and HELP YOU TRAVEL WORRY FREE WITH LOVED ONES.
- ✔️ EACH KIT ARRIVES READY TO INSTALL AND INCLUDES 1x RV Door Lock, 2x v3.0 Key-fobs, 4x AA Batteries, 4x V3.0 Mechanical Keys, 1x Sealing Gasket, 1x Screwdriver, 1x Extra Keypad Overlay, Mounting Hardware & Owner's Manual/Install Guide. INSTALL IT WITHIN 10-MINUTES! All 100% backed by our 24/7 Online Support. MAKE SURE OUR LOCK DIMENSIONS FIT YOUR APPLICATION.
Berkey Water Filter
One thing I learned from a seasoned traveler friend was the importance of the consistency of clean drinking water to maintain health during travel. Cities will use various methods & chemistry in treating drinking water. This means the water you find from city water in say Orlando, FL will be different from Nashville, TN. My traveling guru friend shared that when your body is having to filter out different things because of the inconsistency of water quality, you tend to get sick easier. We now ensure when traveling to use a good quality filter for drinking water.
- 1.5 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Travel Berkey Purification System effortlessly purifies water for about 1-3 people each day. The system is just 18” tall and 7.5” in diameter.
- POWERFUL PURIFICATION- Berkey systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements purify water—not just filter it—by removing greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium), trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals (including arsenic, lead, mercury, chromium), pharmaceutical drugs (including caffeine, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Progesterone, Triclosan),
- ECONOMICAL, LONG-LASTING- A pair of Black Berkey Purification Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons before needing replacement. Black Berkey Purification Elements average just 2 cents per gallon of purified water.
Back Up Fridge (Portable)
RV Fridges are not always 100% percent reliable. Plus if you have a larger family, the space inside an RV fridge might not be enough for weekly grocery shopping. We carry the Setpower portable fridge for a few reasons – one is it is a great backup should our RV fail. Second, it can be plugged into a power source in the Jeep. I can grocery shop while out and about and the food is staying cold in the fridge in the Jeep while we go eat at a restaurant, explore a museum, or whatever we want to go do.
Insulated Cooler (Soft Sided)
When we are making a “day trip” and don’t want to take the larger portable fridge, we use a soft-sided cooler. Plus, a soft-sided cooler is much easier to haul down to the beach! The reason we use a soft-sided one is that it’s easier to fit into storage places in the RV. We’ve been through different types of coolers and the one downside in the past is they did not stay cold as long as a traditional hard-sided cooler with more insulation. That is until we were sent this one from BougeRV. It’s comparable to the YETI brand and keeps ice frozen in hot temps all day long! It’s waterproof both inside and out and get’s the job done.
Back up (rear view) Camera
Our Class A motorhome has a factory-installed rear camera. But many RV’s do not come factory equipped with this option. I really like having this camera for multiple reasons. One is when we are driving down the road, I can see our TOAD behind us and I know it didn’t fall off somewhere. I know, sort of a given, BUT tow bars can fail, and better to catch a potential issue sooner vs. later. The other reason for having a backup camera during travel days is I can see when another vehicle is approaching from behind or on the blind spots of the RV. Likewise, I can see when the back of our TOAD has cleared a vehicle that I am passing. Lastly, when parked in a campground, I can see if anyone is behind our RV. Having cameras around is just a good idea in general.
- Easy & Quick Installation: Most RVs are already prepped for the Vision S system, eliminating extensive drilling requirements. The unique Sharkfin camera fits on the pre-installed prep and the marker light cameras can replace your existing marker lights
- Waterproof Cameras with Night Vision: Comes with 3 High Resolution (720x480) IP65 waterproof cameras with infrared night vision, live streaming, intelligent IR cut filters and wide viewing angles
- Stable & Long Range Signal Strength: The 2.4GHz proprietary wireless communication provides a reliable digital connection with no lag between the camera and monitor . Tested for up to 100ft at high speeds and extended range of up to 492ft in open spaces
We got “braked checked” once in California, and it caused damage to our brake from having to jam them on so quickly. Evidently, some people think it’s fun to pull in front of a 40,000-pound vehicle and slam on their brakes. I really wished we had a dashcam at the moment this happened so, we picked one up. Not only it is a good idea from a liability perspective but you never know when you might catch that alien ship landing at night (just kidding). But seriously, I think we’ve all seen strange stuff we wish we would have captured on video.
- 4K+1080P DUAL RECORDING-The REDTIGER F7N dual dash cams records video up to Ultra HD 4K(3840*2160P)+FHD 1080P resolutions,helps you read the key details like road signs, vehicle number plates etc.Besides, the front 170°and rear 140°wide-angle dash cameras ensure to reduce blind area, and important evidence can be retained and presented in the event of a collision.
- SUPERIOR NIGHT VISION-The driving recorder adopts an excellent optical lens with an ultra-large F1.5 aperture and 6 layers, and is equipped with HDR/WDR technology, captures important details clearly under low light conditions.
- BUILT-IN WiFi/SMART APP CONTROL-The dashboard camera can connect to you smartphone APP via built-in WiFi.Use the [Redtiger] app to view, playback, and manage the dashcams on your IOS or Android devices.Furthermore, You can also download and edit videos in the app, and one-click sharing allows you to share your travel scenery and wonderful moments with your friends and family.
Camco Inline Water Filter
Water filters are a great idea for the water you use to wash your hands, shower with, etc. Our skin is the largest organ in our body, so what goes on our skin will absorb into our system. Knowing that any potentially harmful contaminants are being filtered with the water you use is just a good idea and gives you peace of mind.
- 20-Micron Hose Filter: Our GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) camper water filter reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine, and sediments greater than 20 microns; the KDF treatment prevents undesirable growth when the filter is not in use
- Secure Installation: This RV water filter system features a flexible hose protector that reduces strain on connections while minimizing kinking; the water hose filter easily lasts an average of 3 months
- Standard Fit: Water filter for RVs can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall; great for RVs, boats, campers, pets, gardening, and much more
What better way to preserve memories than by journaling about your stays? We also find these journals are a great way to incorporate language arts skills into our travels. We have the kids fill out their journals about their stay BEFORE they can jump on screens during travel days.
Collapsible Dish Rack
Anything that folds down is your friend! Some people prefer a regular size dish rack for larger dishes, etc. Because let’s face it, MOST RV’s do NOT have a dishwasher (unless you count your kids as dishwashers)!
- SPACE SAVING: Simply pop-up to use and then collapse down for easy storage under the sink when not in use.
- COUNTERS STAY DRY: Dish drain board allows water to run directly into sink, keeping your counters clean and dry.
- PLENTY OF SPACE: Room for eight large plates, plus built-in four sectional utensil drying rack.
Roll Up Dish Drying Rack
I prefer a smaller dish drying option in the form of a roll-up rack. I like this because I put it over one side of the sink and then roll it up and stash it away when not in use. It takes up very little space.
- Space-saver multipurpose over the sink dish drainer cover, provides remarkably efficient solutions to air-dry washed bowls, fry pans, pot, cookware, tableware, cutlery and kitchen utensil gadgets. It can also be used as vegetable colander and prep works platform board over the sink.
- High quality, high grade silicone-coated stainless steel, resistant to rust and non-slip. More glassware friendly and sturdy than those non silicone-coated. Better than easy loosen rubber cap stainless steel racks. Oil-resistant and easy to clean. Necessary appliance to have at your home kitchen.
- Heat resistant BPA-Free, can be used as heat resistant trivet mat on countertop. Dishwasher Safe and mad protector accessory.
RV Cover (for Storage)
If you put your RV into any type of storage situation, it’s best to keep the sun off it. UV rays are hard on paint, RV roofs, and surfaces in general. Putting a cover over your RV is a good idea if storing it away for a season. Also, make sure the cover is on tight as wind will shred RV covers (ask me how I know).
- 【Super Non-woven Plus】Camper Trailer Covers is designed with extra-thick new material "Super Non-woven Plus" which extends 6-ply roof material with 4-ply sides. This new material is softer than non-woven fabrics and has a higher watertight index. It is more tear-resistant and more breathable than Oxford fabrics. This material provides maximum weather and damage protection against harmful UV, rain, snow, dirt, nicks, and scratches.
- 【Upgraded PVC Buckle Straps】✨We have obtained a patent for the design✨2 durable blue PVC Buckle Straps stitched to the RV body which is connected to the fabric as a whole. The straps pulling downwards enhance the force for cover tear resistance. There are 18 holes on the PVC straps on both sides that can be interchangeably connected with 6 adjustable fixing straps to keep the cover stable and wind-resistant.
- 【Windproof & Quick-drying】6 Adjustable Fixing Straps + 2PCS Windproof Straps + Tension Panels are used to protect the cover against being blown away and torn by heavy wind. Meanwhile, campervan covers combining air vent systems with up to 6 air vents on both sides protect your RV cover by minimizing wind strength, reducing moisture and drying fast.
If our RV is sitting in parks for more than a week, we put tire covers over the tires. This protects the rubber from UV rays which contribute to dry rot and cracking. RV tires for motorhomes are NOT cheap. You want to do all you can to help them last as long as possible.
- Fits tires from 30"-32"
- Protect the tires and wheels from sun, dirt, corrosion and all types of weather while your vehicle is parked
- Durable and compact
We ditched the zero gravity chairs pretty quickly because they are just too big and bulky to lug around. Our travel style keeps us moving at least 1x a week so setting up camp with a lot of stuff, tables, chairs, etc. just isn’t our style. We’ve opted for folding Coleman chairs that we can also easily transport if we head to an event at the campground where you need to bring your chair.
- Built-in cooler: Keeps up to 4 cans cold and easily accessible
- Hours of comfort: Thanks to fully cushioned seat and back
- Convenient features: Side pockets, mesh cup holder, adjustable arm heights
These are a great add-on to the Coleman camp chairs we use. We’ve also used them as a small stool for sitting if we need to be near to the ground working on a project in the basement compartments of the RV, etc.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE - Compact and foldable stool comes in a drawstring bag with carrying strap. Fits well into a backpack.
- STRONG ENOUGH FOR OUTDOOR USE - Rugged and durable with sturdy hardware connections throughout the collapsible steel frame. Holds up well for continued use as a travel chair, hiking chair, fishing chair, backpacking stool, or as a portable seat you carry in your car.
- DURABLE SEAT MATERIAL - Small foldable chair with premium attachments at all four corners of highly durable canvas fabric with airflow mesh center. With not breakdown or de-thread.
Having a folding table is nice if you’re going to be in one place for an extended period of time. You can use it for a portable grill, outside cooking on a griddle, and more.
- ▲ADJUSTABLE HEIGHTS: This 2 foot folding table open size is L23.6"xW15.7"/60x40cm, available 2 heights can be adjusted from 10"/26cm to 19"/50cm with the adjustable legs. Pack size is 15.7"x11.8"x2.6"/40x30x6.5cm when folded in half.
- ▲CONVENIENCE: Easy to set up the small folding table within 1 minute. Quick to fold and take with the convenient carry handle.
- ▲LIGHTWEIGHT: The small camping table weighs 5.5lbs, holds up to 70lbs. Lightweight and portable for both home use in kitchen and outdoor use in camping, travel, outside concert or sports events.
Fridge Bins (clear)
Bins help keep food safe on travel days but it’s also nice to SEE what’s in your fridge at a glance. Especially for things like fruits/veggies where if you forget about them, you’ll be asking yourself “what is that stank?” I’ve seen all sizes of clear fridge bins at places like Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. You can also find them on Amazon.
- ❤【8 Pcs Fridge Organizer Bins Set】: This large refrigerator organizer bin set comes with 4 Large bins measure 11.2'' L x 6.7'' W x 3.6'' H and 4 medium bins measure 10.2'' L x 6.2'' W x 3.0'' H. Use these clear refrigerator storage bins make your fridge organized and neat and gain much more space.
- ❤【Transparent Design】:The attractive clear plastic design makes it easy to see what is stored and find your items quickly. These non-slippery plastic organizer bins are easy to see into making them perfect as kitchen cabinet top containers. The practical, integrated handles facilitate the removal and flexible movement of the kitchen storage units. These clear fridge organizers and storage bins are made of durable BPA and Chlorine free shatter-resistant plastic.
- ❤【Portable and Stackable Design】: This pantry storage bin stack or use them side by side to keep items organized and easy to find, helps for maximize your space, make organizing and everyday living a little easier. With these organizer bins, your refrigerator, kitchen cabinet, pantry, bedroom, bathroom will be more neatly.
Clear Elbow for Sewer Hose
Now I know this sounds super gross but it’s good to know when the water as you’re flushing is running clear. You WANT to flush out your black tank especially well to avoid smells after dumping. Having a clear elbow for your sewer hoses allows you to be able to see that you’ve gotten all the poo out.
- Securely Connects: This RV sewer elbow adapter fits securely into 4 dump station inlets: 4-inch NPT, 3.5-inch NPT, 3-inch NPT, and 3-inch slip fitting
- Clear RV Sewer Elbow: The elbow is clear, so you can see when your sewer hose has finished draining; has a built-in gasket for an odor-tight connection
- Compatibility: The swivel bayonet fitting makes the RV sewer hose adapter compatible with any lug fitting and allows it to rotate 360 degrees, making it easy to connect
We cannot tell you how many times we’ve used our generator. We love having this option for power when lot docking, dry camping, and more. Even if you have a solar set up, a cloudy day can throw a wrench in your available power. A generator is a nice thing to have along for off-grid camping.
- 𝑾𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏: The TogoPower GG1000 gas generator is a great back up outdoor generator for home use, job sites, camping, and more.
- 𝙀𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙮 𝙋𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧: This gasoline powered generator has a starting power of 1000W and a running power of 800W. It can support small household appliances such as blenders, coffee pots, blow dryers, fans, lamps, and more. This generator features 𝟭𝟮𝟬𝙑 𝘼𝘾 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙫𝙤𝙡𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙚.
- 𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙀𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙮: This generator uses 90# Petrol & Oil mixing (50:1) to provide you with power on the go. This unit can run 𝙨𝙞𝙭 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙩 𝟱𝟬% 𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙙 when the 1.1 gallon tank is full.
Many people swear by using rope-style lights to keep away rodents and other unwanted pests in their RV. While I cannot give any personal testimony to verify if this does or does not work, I will tell you it’s nice to be able to at least SEE around the RV at night. And hey, it looks pretty cool too!
- Adjustable Illumination – Flexible rope design offers dynamic lighting with a stylish personal touch — perfect for customizing any outdoor or indoor location
- Warm White Light – Produces high-quality accent lighting and soothing atmosphere with warm white light (3000K)
- Easy Installation – All mounting hardware comes in the box — wrap around trees, line landscapes, hang on decks and balconies or even install indoors
Tankless Water Heater
With a family of 4, we can only do about 2 showers before we let the hot water regenerate. We’ve been on the hunt for a tankless water heater that will work with our application, but so far no luck. Since our RV is a little older (2014) there might not be an option to go tankless….yet. But if you have the option for your RV, we’d highly recommend it!
- 【High compatibility and easy installation】The Fogatti RV water heater has a wide range of applications. It has a 13*13 inch opening and can replace Suburban & Atwood's 6 gallons tank water heaters and Girard & Furrion's tankless water heaters.If you were previously using a 10 gallons tank water heater, it will need to be retrofitted with an 18*18 door.
- 【Incessant hot water】With 55,000 BTU of power, it can produce a maximum of 2.9GPM of hot water. Some tank heaters can only store up to 6-10gallon of hot water and run out of hot water in 5-8 minutes, whereas our hot water supply lasts over 20 minutes.
- 【No waiting】RV tankless water heaters are taking off. Tankless water heaters are better than tanked water heaters for continuous showering of multiple people. There is no need to waste 20-30 minutes waiting for hot water in the middle of the shower, so you can enjoy hot water at all times. It uses propane for heating, so there is no need to worry about running out of power in your caravan.
Some parts of this wonderful country are dusty! Since we also travel with animals, we need a way to keep the air ducts dust and animal hair-free. We use these disposable A/C filters and change them about 2x a month. This keeps the dust and animal hair out of the vents but ensures we have good airflow for the A/C system.
- One-Second Installation: Adaptable to the size of most RV A/C. BougeRV RV A/C filters can be install easily and used without trimming.
- Filters pollen/dust: BougeRV A/C filters can effectively filter more dirt and spring pollen. Keep the A/C and RV interior clean. No reduction in air flow afterward.
- One set 4 packs: Convenient for you to replace the new RV filter replacement at any time. No need to wait for used one to dry after cleaning.
These are small but they are helpful to know if your RV is level or not. Some RV’s have auto leveling systems (like ours). But even after a day or two of sitting, an RV can start to sink a little. Especially in campgrounds where the campsite ground is softer (like grass and not gravel). These can help you easily see if you’re not level.
- IDEAL TILT READING - Monitors tilt from -10 to 10 degrees. Brass ball rides in special damping fluid for smooth, accurate level readings. One of the must-have accessories for RVs, campers, travel trailers, 5th wheel, tractor, truck, car, boat, or any vehicle that tilts.
- EASY TO READ DISPLAY - Brass ball indicators in bright Saturn yellow tube assembly provide higher visibility than traditional bubble levels. Engraved and hand painted numbers make for a functional, easy-to-read display.
- SHATTERPROOF DESIGN - Slope indicator tube assembly is made out of a rugged copolymer "flex tube" for ultimate durability. Can be mounted on the inside or outside of RV.
Spring Tension Rods (For Cupboards)
These little do-dads can save your noggin! That whole phrase they say on the airplane about contents shifting during flight? Yeah, the same goes for the RV on travels days too! These tension rods help keep things in place when opening cabinets after travel.
- 6 tension rods are perfect for camper for keeping objects from moving around, hold things in place.
- Easy to adjust- small size tension rods can be adjusted between 12 to 19.5 inches, to fit your different need. Not for Heavy Use!
- High quality- Made of premium plastic and metal with two end rubber foot to hold the tension rods in place for storage items.
Over The Door Hooks/Rack
I have a set of these I picked up at the local Dollar Tree! You can also find them on Amazon. They are great for towels, hats, clothes, anything you want to hang over a traditional style door.
- 【Functional & Effective Clutter Organizer】The over door hooks with double hook design has 12 large hooks to hold more and heavier items, making full use of the unused space behind the door to easily organize messy coats, hats, towels, bags umbrellas and etc. The door hanger can create great storage space for your laundry room, bathroom, bedroom, living room and more.
- 【Sturdy & Durable Door Hook】The over the door hook is made of 6063 SPACE ALUMINUM for durability. Anodized to prevent rust and fading. The brushed matte finish resists scratches and fingerprints in daily use, and the sturdy construction is strong enough to hold up to 100 lbs.
- 【Well Made & Attentive Design】The over the door hooks with smooth edges don't worry about scratching your hands or clothes. Delicate brushed finish makes the door hook look clean and stylish. Comes with thick or thin foam pads to adjust to fit and protect your door without making a sound when you open or close it.
Collapsible Laundry Bin/Basket
It’s nice to have one of these for hauling laundry back and forth from the laundry rooms at campgrounds. But it also folds away when not in use. I also find using laundry baskets to haul groceries in and out of the RV is helpful.
- Patent: US 9,926,105 B2 ; DE 20 2014 101 047 U1 ; ZL 2014 1 0386688.1
- BPA Free. User friendly by simply pop-up to open when using and collapses to flat for space saving
- Space saving with Expanded size: 20 x 15.2 x 10(h) inches and its height just 2.7 inches after folds, save over 70% space when storage
Vacuum Sealing Bags for Storage, Blankets, etc.
I store away the blankets we don’t always need (but want to have in case we camp in a colder climate). Since space in an RV is already limited, using a space-saving bag for things like extra blankets, winter coats, creates extra space by sucking out the air.
- Set of heavy-duty plastic vacuum compression storage bags
- Compress bulky textiles, clothing, linens, and more at an 80% size reduction
- Protects items from moisture, dirt, odors, and more
Fire Proof Bag/Safe
RV Fires are no joke. And an RV can be completely gone within minutes. We carry sensitive documents with us like passports and important repair receipts. Having these in a fireproof bag will protect you in the event that the unthinkable happens.
- Water Resistant and Fireproof Bag: with high quality Dual-layer of Fireproof Fiberglass, our fireproof document bags can withstand temperature as high as 2000 F in certain times. Meanwhile, the Silicone Coated Fiberglass Layer brings great water resistant ability, which enables our large fireproof bag to stand the spray of water in most conditions. In another word, your valuables are safe in our fireproof safe bag
- Non-itchy Silicone Coating and Easy to Carry Fire Bag: our fireproof money bag is coated with high tech Non-itchy Silicone on fiberglass cloth. That means you don't need gloves to get your valuables out. With Soft Handle & Adjustable Shoulder Strap, this fireproof cash bag is super easy to carry all around. With the Portable design, we hope you could keep all your valuables well protected and prepared
- Extra Large Capacity and Foldable Fire Safe Bag: with extra large capacity, you can put More Valuables in the fireproof safe bag, like passport, birth certificate, documents, tax paperwork, cards, photos, etc. Meantime, this fire proof document bag can be simply folded to store in the fireproof box, fire box safe, filing cabinet or be taken to any places you want
Small Cutting Board
I like when I find things that we call “RV Size” which really means it’s just a smaller version of the “real” thing. Small cutting boards fit in the RV cabinets easily and make clean-up easy too. I’ve purchased them at IKEA but you can also find them on Amazon as well.
- SET OF FOUR: Set of four brightly colored 8 by 5.5 inch cutting boards. Use different colors while cutting to avoid cross contamination
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: These innovative cutting boards are lightweight and flexible. They are non-porous and non-absorbent
- NON-SLIP: The non-slip backing on the back side of each cutting board grips to counter surfaces for safety (non-slip backing makes these cutting boards not reversible)
Collapsible Measuring Cups and Spoons
Who says you can’t bake in an RV? I can make all sorts of things in our convection/microwave combo oven. The collapsible measure cups work well since they take up very little space in the RV. Having them on hand when I need them to whip up some biscuits and gravy is a plus!
- 【Complete Set of 8】 Includes 1 Cup (250ml), 1/2 Cup (125ml), 1/3 Cup (80ml), 1/4 Cup (60ml) and 1 Tablespoon (15ml), 1 Teaspoon (5ml), 1/2 Teaspoon (2.5ml), 1/4Teaspoon (1.25ml) , totally 8 sizes to meet all you needs
- 【Food Contact Safety】Made of Food Grade Silicone ,BPA free ，high temperature resistant, anti scalding and anti slip, easy to clean, non-toxic, tasteless and flexible
- 【Detachable Design】the hook adopts the design of the clasp. It can be easily removed, stored and cleaned
This comes in handy for so many things! Washing the RV, carrying water for the dog, whatever you might want a bucket for. But the best part is it folds down for easy storage!
- dimensions: 7.75” H x 10” W (expanded), 2" H x 10" W (collapsed), 1.3 gallon capacity (5 liter) and weighs 12.6 oz
- versatility: can be used for watering bowls for pets, as the perfect food bowl or as a hauler tub for firewood, sticks, water, supplies and more
- durable: sturdy, plastic rim and base for added stability
This is a must for us. I’ve had to take many a trek to the dumpster at the campground after dark. And wearing a headlamp for a hands-free flashlight is so much better. Especially when the dog wants to come along and I only have two hands.
- ✅ [SUPER BRIGHT LED]: Illuminates up to 85 meters with a 360-lumen beam of LED light in high mode - This head lamp can light up the room, or the campsite, with ease.
- ✅ [MAXIMUM DURABILITY]: Features a durable construction that withstands 1-meter drop test, a shatterproof lens, and a water-resistant IPX4 rated body - making this head light the perfect rugged companion both indoors and outdoors.
- ✅ [7 VERSATILE MODES]: Provides 7 light modes: high, low, wide, wide low, red, flashing red, and green. With versatile modes, you'll have optimal lighting for just about any situation.
Cordless, Rechargeable Vacuum
We travel with pets and kids. Need I say more? We have a central vac onboard our rig, but it’s not a brush type of vacuum. So while it’s great for the crevices and nooks and crannies, not so much for vacuuming up dog hair. I like the bagless, rechargeable stick vac because I can use it when boondocking too.
- Power Suction & 3 Modes: 265W powerful brushless motor provides up to 24KPa strong suction. 3 suction modes can be switched freely to meet your all daily cleaning needs, eliminates dirt, debris, pet hair, and tough messes with ease and quiet. It performs well on all kinds of hard floors, low carpet, stairs, walls, curtains, sofa, bed, desk, car seats , etc
- 5 Stages High-Efficiency Filtration System: Cyclone technology combined with fully sealed filtration system separate clean air and dust efficiently without leakage which can remove up to 99.99% of microscopic dust particles as small as 0.1 microns. Effectively prevent secondary pollution, provide you with excellent cleaning experience. Filter can be detached and washed, after cleaning the HEPA can solve the problem of reduced suction
- Detachable Battery & Long Runtime: Large capacity battery provides up to 35 mins of daily cleaning in LOW suction mode, and MAX suction mode provides 15 mins of deep cleaning. 3-4 hours quickly full charge, and the battery can be removed from the machine and charged on its own
A portable air compressor is first and foremost important if you need to air up a tire. But it’s also helpful for other things like inflating paddleboards, innertubes, or using compressed air to clean.
- 12 VOLT - 150 PSI Max Working Pressure, engine must be running during use.
- 2.3CFM Free Flow at 0 PSI
- Powered direct to the car battery with alligator clamps, comes with a 40 amp in-line fuse.
Replacement Fuse Kit
This is a must-have for RV Living. On one of our first trips out, we blew a fuse to our main converter. which resulted in a power loss and our house batteries not charging. And of course, we did NOT have any extra fuses on hand. We were not anywhere near a store of any kind that sells fuses. Since then, we’ve learned and now carry a fuse kit with us. Better safe than sorry, especially for RV Life!
- The blade fuses are clearly marked with amperage and color coded for easy identification
- Available in amperage ratings of 2A to 40A (rated at 32 volts), you could always find one that fits your auto
- Includes both standard size & mini size; Perfect for Car/RV/Truck/Motorcycle/Boat
Cabinet Shelf Liner Paper (Anti Skid)
I use shelf liner paper in so many places in the RV. On cabinets, in drawers but also under things that I will leave on countertops during travel days. It’s not sliding off with the anti-skid shelf liner under it. We also have the kids use it under their laptops on travel days if their laptops are on the dinette table.
- Strong Grip: Shelf drawer liners are engineered with the non adhesive design, superior incredibly strong and powerful grip to reduce slipping and bunching in your drawers or cabinet shelves, keep organized items in place. Say no to the glue or sticky adhesive residue
- Cushion Protection: Cabinet liner with thicker top and bottom holds liner and items in place with cushion and protection, Can be effective protect getting chipped or damaged even inside fast moving drawers or movable cabinet shelves. And open hole construction can breath to protect cabinets from accumulating unwanted dirt and debris
- Fit Versatile Uses: Non slip shelving drawer liner mat for drawers kitchen cabinets shelf liners sideboards wardrobe shelves cupboards placemats car linings and more. It can also be used option for a slipping couch cushion or mattress, more purpose for waiting for you to discover, that organizing your space and family
Stainless Steel or tin Coffee mugs
My Happy Camper Mug is my favorite coffee mug! Moreover, I like the vacuum-insulated ones that keep my coffee hot longer. I know not everyone likes those types, so a tin cup works just as well for RV hot drinks like coffee. Because you do not want items that can break easily, using a porcelain mug or actual glass glassware is not preferred.
Plastic Drinking cups
We use plastic tumblers in the RV because they’re not going to break if they fall out of a cabinet. I’ve been able to find them at Walmart for 50 cents each. You can also check places like Target and Ikea.
Melamine plates are unbreakable and very durable (not microwave safe). They are dishwasher safe if you have access to a dishwasher. I like them for the times you want a “real” plate for things like steak or chicken.
- 😊This melamine dinnerware set including - 4 x 11" dinner plates - 4 x 9" salad plates - 4 x 6" bowls.
- 😘 This marble pattern dinnerware set suit for any outdoor and indoor activities, Such as RV, CAMPING, MOTORHOME, TRAILER, PATIO, SAILBOAT,etc. You will like it when you have outdoor activity.
- 😋 This 12pcs dinnerware set made of durable melamine, a HARD PLASTIC material that feels like ceramic but is lighter and less prone to chipping and breaking than ceramic. Easy care makes them a perfect addition to your stoneware or others.
Cutlery and Kitchen Drawer Organizer
Speaking of eating a steak, if you’re going to have a nice juicy side of meat you want a REAL fork and knife! I got “real” cutlery for our RV at a local thrift store for about .10 cents per piece. Super easy way to outfit your RV. I use this expandable bamboo tray to keep it all in.
- Eight compartment drawer organizer with that has generous capacity for flatware storage
- The kitchen drawer organizer insert also has 2 sides that expand for custom fit storage space
- Drawer Dividers make it useful for flatware, cutlery, utensils or other home areas in need of drawer organizing
Pet Fence (for kids or pets)
There was a time when Alaska decided to take off on me at a campground. It was not fun and it was a super embarrassing moment. You can watch more about it in the video below, however, if we had been using a pet fence that the whole situation would NOT have occurred. We’ve also seen families use these style fences for younger children to create a safe space for them to play in as well.
- 🐶【A win-win solution】The FXW Dog Playpen is designed to bring a win-win solution to you and your lovely dog. Different from a narrow enclosure cage or kennel, the FXW dog pen provides a spacious semi-open activity area specifically for your dog. Your dog will have fun in its safe and sturdy kingdom. Meanwhile, you can take a real break and be truly relaxed without worrying about your beloved pet. Fun, Relaxation and Well-being is the orientation of the FXW team.
- 🐶【Unlock your freedom, savor the moment】The stakes are designed with rounded ball tops to protect the dog's claws from injury. The rods are easily inserted into the ground for greater stability and rigidity, which won't collapse when the dog leans against them. Also, the automatic gravity-actioned locking mechanism will ensure you can open and close the door smoothly and reduces the chance of dogs unlocking by themselves. All of this is designed for absolute safety, so you can really relax.
- 🐶【Super easy to assemble】It won’t take you more than 5 minutes to assemble these portable dog fences as well as pack them away due to the rod-connected design. Meanwhile, panels can be added or removed freely to give you a fully flexible area and arrange the dog pen in any shape you need.
LED Road Flare and Emergency Kit
If you’ve ever had to pull over on a country road in the dark, it can be a little scary. Especially when you are in a large rig or towing an RV. Having some road flares and a basic emergency kit could save your life.
- We're Different: One-of-kind emergency kit that includes Premium LED Road Flares with powerful magnetic base, thermal blankets, glass window breaker, seatbelt cutter, whistle & carry case.
- Pre-Installed Batteries & Tools: AAA batteries come pre-installed in our emergency LED road flare. Screwdriver tools & detailed instructions for battery changes included.
- Waterproof & Crushproof: These battery powered road flares can outlast pouring rain or being run over by a car to keep you safe. Industrial strength magnets will keep your roadside safety discs secured to the side of your car, truck or RV without scratching the exterior paint.
Laser Temp Gun Reader
The temperature gauge on our dash went to the hot side one time. We pulled over to see what was going on in the engine area and had no clue we really were overheating or if there was a malfunction with the gauge. We bought a laser temp reader after that. It’s handy for several applications. Another use case is for checking the temperature of the fins in the back of the fridge to make sure they are cold. We can also see how cool the air coming from the A/C vents is. There are lots of uses for this accessory when it comes to RV Life.
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from these devices are inanimate objects. The measured temperature for humans or animals will be inaccurate
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, meaning it can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most others; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36 cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉(-50℃ to 380℃), with 2 units ℉/℃ to choose; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built-in laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
This is Ben’s solution to almost EVERYTHING when it comes to RV living. Torn awning? No problem, grab some Gorilla tape. Tow Bar won’t stay up? Gorilla Tape it. An area rug slipping around? Gorilla tape! I think you get the idea. But seriously, it’s like the old farmers bailing twine. It’s your “go-to” to temporary fix most anything in an RV.
- Gorilla All Weather Waterproof Duct Tape is designed for outdoor repairs that need to stand up to extreme weather conditions with a permanent bond
- Made with an incredibly strong, permanent, butyl adhesive and a weather resistant shell, this tape withstands even extreme weather conditions
- Works in hot and cold temperatures with a service temperature range of -40° F to 200° F; Application temperature above 40° F
We have cameras both inside and outside the RV. Since we sometimes leave the dog back at the rig, it’s nice to be able to “check-in” on him to see how he is doing. So, we have an indoor camera for this purpose. We also have an outdoor magnetic mount camera where we can see what’s going on outside as well. We can pull this camera down on travel days and put it up once we’ve arrived at our campsite.
- Featuring the choice of 2.4GHz or 5GHz (5.8GHz) frequency bands, E1 Outdoor provides greater networking performance and makes network setup more straightforward.
- Up & Down, Left & Right. You can easily control the angle to see every part of your home.
- Live view, video playback, instant siren & more via mobile devices. Equipped with weatherproof function, the outdoor WiFi camera can be installed inside and outside. Needs to be plugged into an adapter for continuous power.
Accessories For Fun While Rving
National Park Stickers
We love our travel map of the United States but we also realized that we will fill in all 50 states within a few years’ time. So we wanted something to add to the mix to check off the places we’ve been. This National Park Sticker pack was a fun way to also put up a new sticker for each new National Park we visit along the way.
- High-quality die-cut vinyl stickers
- Dimensions: 1.5 inches x 2 inches
- Includes one emblem sticker of all 61 American National Parks
Daypack (for day trips)
I love my daypack for when we venture out, so I am not required to carry a purse and a water bottle separately. So I always bring a day pack for those hiking trips, trips to the zoo, or just “out and about” times. I’ve used the same daypack for close to 3 years now. It also has a loop on the front that is PERFECT to throw the go-pro camera on for when I have the camera with me too. It also has straps to loop through your water bottle so it doesn’t fall out of the side pouch.
- SUPER DURABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT TRAVEL BAG. Ultra-light, compact, yet spacious design. The packable design is perfect for a camping trip or to throw in your suitcase to use on vacation. Weighs only 12 oz. | 30L capacity when in use gives you ample space for all your gear!
- KEEP YOUR GEAR ORGANIZED. Main compartment Includes Laptop/iPad separator and small accessory pocket to keep keys and other small items easily accessible. Three exterior pockets of varying sizes give you lots of options to organize everything you need for your adventures.
- MADE FROM THE HIGHEST QUALITY RIPSTOP FABRIC. TOUGH ENOUGH FOR ALL YOUR ADVENTURES. Extremely durable RipStop fabric that is water resistant and machine washable. Provides long-lasting performance in a light, compact daypack! Comes with dual zippers and a stretchy mesh side pocket that fits almost any size water bottle.
Inflatable Kayak & Paddle Boards
These are some of our favorite “travel life” toys! We love being in and on the water. We’ve taken our inflatable kayaks out on Lake Coeur d’Alene in Idaho, Boyd lake in Colorado, and more. Both our paddleboards from Crewyn and our kayaks from Intex are inflatable. Which means they deflate for easy storage and transportation. They BOTH fit in our RV basement compartments easily. We have a portable pump that we can use (electrical) but they also both come with a manual pump that you can use to pretty quickly inflate them.
- 🏄【Wide Stance & High Stability】The inflatable stand up paddle board is 10 feet long, 30 inches wide, and 6 inches thick, offering a wider stance and excellent balance to keep you easily standing up on the top. With the max bearing of 573lbs and reinforced structure design, this inflatable sup is perfect for couples and family use. Have a fun time with CREWYN stand up paddle board!
- 🏄【Advanced Material & Non-slip Deck】Made of the highest quality military-grade PVC and highly strengthened drop stitch fabric, this stand up inflatable paddle board provides superior durability for long-lasting and perfect surfing performance. Along with the comfortable anti-slip top deck, you can enjoy the carefree water activities with the sup inflatable paddle board.
- 🏄【Fast Inflating & Extra Lightweight】Designed for convenient use, you can easily inflate and deflate this 17.64lbs portable sup paddle board within 3 to 5 minutes. With a simple roll, you can take this inflatable sup wherever you want to go, whether it’s a lake or sea. Just put it in the backpack or throw the isup paddle board into your truck, and trust you’ll enjoy every moment on the water.
- Comfortable for anyone: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest; Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- Dimensions: Inflated size 10 feet 3 x 3 feet x 1 feet 8 inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Directional stability: Removable SKEG for directional stability
Battery Operated Leaf Blower
This might seem like a strange thing to have as an RV accessory, but it comes in so handy! From blowing leaves off the tops of slides or camping rugs to blowing out the INSIDE of the rig, and more. So many uses that you will actually find come in handy for a leaf blower in RVing. We like the ego model because it’s pretty high power for a battery-operated unit and comes apart so is compact enough to store in your RV.
- Turbo Button delivers a staggering 650 CFM
- Variable-speed control dial delivers 225-500 CFM
- Over 90 minutes of run time: 15 minutes on Turbo; 200 minutes on low with 5.0Ah Battery
Disposable Roasting Sticks (less mess is the best)
Do you enjoy s’mores around the campfire? We love the conversations “campfire” time brings. But no one likes sticky, messy roasting sticks after the fact. I am also not too hip to the idea of handing my kids a sharp pointed metal stick and having them stick it into a fire. So, we opted for disposable semi-pointed wooden roasting sticks. These keep kids at a safe distance from the fire, and the best part is you can just chuck the sticks in the fire pit when you’re done and they burn up! Or if you want to throw them away in the garbage, they are bio-degradable. They are super high quality and strong enough to even hold hot dogs!
- FOR ALL YOUR FOODIE NEEDS: The Grateful Glamper bamboo sticks were created to be an integral part of all your roasting occasions. Whether you fire up the barbecue grill, the campfire during your camping/hiking trip or the barrel/ fire pit- our wooden skewers will roast marshmallows, shish kebab sausages, hot dog wieners & any other delicacy or appetizer you can fit on them, safely & perfectly, every-single-time!
- 110-PACK FAMILY DEAL: With a single purchase you’ll be able to roast away for days! Created to be the perfect value-for-money deal, our wooden barbecue sticks come in the ideal family size, and will be more than enough to last you 3-4 camping/ hiking trips, and even more BBQ gatherings.
- ACCIDENT-PROOF DESIGN: Coming in at 36” long, our roasting bamboo sticks offer safer handling for avoiding accidents and greater-easier control when barbecuing large quantities that need simultaneous turning. In combination with the whopping 5mm thickness, you get a wooden skewer that’s dependable, handles well & does not break or splinter.
All Natural Fire Starters
Speaking of a campfire, no more searching for newspaper, cardboard, or worse yet resorting to lighting your costly RV TP on fire to try to start the campfire! These all-natural fire starters are made from wood and wax shreds. This means no chemicals and is great for starting charcoal for the campfire grills too. With the Grateful Glamper fire starters, you will have enough time to get the perfect fire going. The long-lasting effect allows these fire starters to burn for 10-12 minutes, giving you even more value per starter.
RV Hacks Book
What better way to learn about RV Living than from others who’ve been living this lifestyle? Marc and Julie Bennett from RV Love have written two books about RV Life. And their latest book, RV Hacks is chocked full of great hacks for RVers. We even got ourselves a SIGNED copy! Instead of learning about RVing in the school of hard knocks, grab a copy of their book on Amazon. We know you’ll be glad you did!
- Bennett, Marc (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 240 Pages - 07/13/2021 (Publication Date) - Adams Media (Publisher)
RV Today Magazine
If you are looking to be a part of the community, find awesome places to travel in your RV, and learn about the greatest products for RVers, by RVers – then RVToday is the magazine for you! Since RV TODAY is not owned by dealerships, campgrounds, or manufacturers, you can sure to get unbiased information on each issue. This makes a great gift for the RVer in your life too!
You’ll have to let us know if we are missing anything from this list! It seems we do find super cool new RV gadgets from time to time. So leave us a comment if you have a suggestion that we should add to this post.
- RV Accessories For Outside
- Outdoor Rug
- Water Pressure Regulator
- Waste Tank (Black Tank) Treatment
- Gray Tank Treatment/Cleaner
- Sewer Hose Ladder – A great RV Accessory to have!
- Extra Sewer Hose
- Dog Bone Adapters
- Extension Cord
- Drinking Water Hose
- 2nd Hose For Rinsing Outside
- Hose Splitter A little Known RV Accessory
- Sewer Hose
- Leveling Blocks
- Wheel Chocks (For Pull Behind RV’s)
- Softstart RV – Money Saving RV Accessory
- Wheresafe GPS tracker
- Portable Waste Tank
- Solar Powered Motion Lights
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Solo Stove
- Blackstone Griddle
- Ladder Mounted Bike Rack
- Collapsible Trash Can
- Awning Sunshade Extension
- Surge Protector
- Brass Hose Elbow
- RV Slide Out Rubber Seal Conditioner and Protectant
- Eternabond Tape – The MacGyver of RV Accessories
- Bike Rack
- Map of the USA
- Gazebo Tent
- Telescopic Extension Ladder
- Disposable Gloves
- Small Cordless Drill
- Basic RV Tool Set
- RV Accessories For Inside
- Rope Bins
- Travel Towels
- Mobile Internet Hotspot
- 2 Way Radios
- RV Mattress
- Oxygenics Shower Head
- Instant Pot
- Collapsible Bowls
- Induction Cooktop
- RV GPS
- Wire Racks/Wire Bins
- Closet Organizer
- Interior Rugs (Washable or Replaceable)
- Small Broom & Dustpan
- Command Hooks
- Nano Tape
- Coffee Pot
- Paper Plates (Compostable)
- Plasticware (Compostable)
- Small Fans (White Noise & Other Uses)
- Ikea Rail With Bins
- RV Toilet Paper
- Velcro Strips (Adhesive)
- Lithium Portable Power Station
- Solar Panel (to charge battery pack).
- Fridge Fan
- Micro Air RV Thermostat
- Govee Temperature Sensor & Hydrometer
- Keypad Door Lock
- Berkey Water Filter
- Back Up Fridge (Portable)
- Insulated Cooler (Soft Sided)
- Back up (rear view) Camera
- Dash Cam
- Camco Inline Water Filter
- Travel Journal
- Collapsible Dish Rack
- Roll Up Dish Drying Rack
- RV Cover (for Storage)
- Tire Covers
- Camping Chairs
- Folding Ottomans
- Folding Table
- Fridge Bins (clear)
- Clear Elbow for Sewer Hose
- Rope lights
- Tankless Water Heater
- A/C Filter
- Level Gauges
- Spring Tension Rods (For Cupboards)
- Over The Door Hooks/Rack
- Collapsible Laundry Bin/Basket
- Vacuum Sealing Bags for Storage, Blankets, etc.
- Fire Proof Bag/Safe
- Small Cutting Board
- Collapsible Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Collapsible Bucket
- Cordless, Rechargeable Vacuum
- Air Compressor
- Replacement Fuse Kit
- Cabinet Shelf Liner Paper (Anti Skid)
- Stainless Steel or tin Coffee mugs
- Plastic Drinking cups
- Melamine Plates
- Cutlery and Kitchen Drawer Organizer
- Pet Fence (for kids or pets)
- LED Road Flare and Emergency Kit
- Laser Temp Gun Reader
- Gorilla Tape
- Security Cameras
- Accessories For Fun While Rving
Share this Post